Bourn Companies is seeking a well-organized and motivated Project Manager for their progressive and fast-paced commercial real estate development company.
Bourn Companies, LLC is seeking to fill a position for Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be an energetic individual seeking to develop and expand in their real estate/project management career as well as eager to take on new challenges.
The Project Manager is charged with full responsibility of providing tight management and control of the design, approvals and construction functions for their real estate projects portfolio. In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for all corresponding design, approvals and construction assumptions within the project schedule and pro forma, and works together with the leasing team to ensure that each project schedule/pro forma is complete and fully integrated.
The role provides an environment of transparency across all key commercial real estate development functions, including leasing, marketing, design, acquisitions, finance, accounting and legal. Access and integration with these functions provides the Project Manager with a well-rounded education, with the opportunity to grow beyond the traditional project management role into a project developer role.
General Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Project Manager is generally charged with overseeing 8 key functional responsibilities, as follows:
- Organization & Team: integrating project strategic plan into a design, approvals, construction plan and then assembling and actively leading/managing a top quality team to meet the specific strategic objectives of the project and achieve the desired results.
- Schedule & Critical Dates: creating, approving and meeting the design, approvals and construction schedules for the project.
- Pro Forma & Critical Assumptions: determining, inputting and meeting the design, approvals and construction budgets for the project.
- Functional Tasks: understand, manage and drive the design, approvals and construction process, across various company functions, to the desired outcome.
- Integration with Other Functions: work closely with other functions to provide support and feedback, ensuring that the organization operates as a high performing team.
- Risk Management & Documentation: fully understand risks associated with project responsibilities, procedures and documentation necessary to mitigate such risks.
- Quality Control: understand each phase of process and ensure that the work product meets Bourn Companies quality standards and accurate information is provided to key stakeholders.
- Reporting: manage clear communication across team through discussions/meetings and written reports/messages.
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional performance
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to manage schedules and people to effectively complete projects on time and within budget
- Excellent knowledge of ACAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Basic understanding of contract law to lead negotiations of development related contracts as well as compliance of those contracts
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance principles to manage the financial aspects of the development process
- Flexible with the ability to shift priorities and focus; strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional, polished, and collaborative with the ability to build strong relationships internally, with 3rd party vendors, and with the local community
Education & Work Experience:
- BA/BS Architecture, Civil/Structural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent discipline or experience in construction/commercial development
- 1- 5 years’ work experience in related fields a plus, although not required.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com