Bourn Companies is seeking a well-organized and motivated Development Accountant for its progressive and fast-paced commercial real estate company.
This position not only provides for full responsibility of all accounting functions for our development portfolio, but will also entail significant interaction with the project teams, including the executive team, development principals, the leasing and marketing teams, project/construction managers, architects, legal and several other functions. It will provide a bright and sophisticated thinker an opportunity to learn the inner workings of large and complex real estate projects.
This position provides a highly intelligent and motivated individual an opportunity to learn the fundamental financial and qualitative functions within large real estate projects. The role provides an opportunity to quickly take on senior financial responsibility or move into a project development career track in a highly sophisticated and financially rewarding industry.
General Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full responsibility for all Financial and Accounting functions for a development portfolio of project
- Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Coordinate budgeting efforts across the leasing and project management functions
- Prepare and/or review project proformas
- Prepare and/or review sensitivity analysis
- Prepare monthly financial statements for project team review
- Month-end closings and reporting
- General ledger analysis
- Job cost analysis and variance reporting
- Cash Management and Forecasting
- Prepare and analyze monthly cash flow forecasts
- Loan Draws and Administration
- Prepare monthly loan draws
- Prepare and maintain loan abstracts
- Ensure compliance with loan covenants
- Support the project team on all finance/accounting related matters
- Ensure strict adherence to Operating Agreements, Loan Documents, Leases and other project related documents
Qualifications & Skills:
Qualified candidate must possess a four-year degree in Accounting or equivalent and the following attributes:
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional performance
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to interpret legal documents and understand complex ownership and loan structures
- Flexible with the ability to shift priorities and focus; strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Deadline oriented
- Must be proficient in Excel and have experience with MS Office
- Experience with construction loans or loan servicing a plus
- Experience with job cost, real estate accounting and Timberline/Yardi software a plus
- Strong finance skills preferred
Education & Work Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- 1- 5 years’ work experience in an accounting position a plus, although not required.
Bourn Companies, LLC offers a full package of benefits. Salaries are competitive and are dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org